I Was Made for More – Chapter 5
“We were made for more than this. More than this failure, more than this cycle, more than being ruled by taste buds. We were made for victory!” ~ Lysa TerKeurst
We need to remember our identity, who we were created to be and embrace it. I loved these identity truths that Lysa included in this chapter.
Stop a few moments and say the following identity statements (from page 53) inserting your name and as you do pray that God will help you to re-identify yourself:
- Debbie, the forgiven child of God. (Romans 3:24)
- Debbie, the set-free child of God. (Romans 8:1-2)
- Debbie, the accepted child of God. (1 Corinthians 1:2)
- Debbie, the holy child of God. (1 Corinthians 1:30)
- Debbie, the made-new child of God. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- Debbie, the loved child of God. (Ephesians 1:4)
- Debbie, the close child of God. (Ephesians 2:13)
- Debbie, the confident child of God. (Ephesians 3:12)
- Debbie, the victorious child of God. (Romans 8:37)
One thought in the Made to Crave Participant’s Guide on page 48 spoke to me and I hope it does you. “If you identity today is defined by past experiences or difficult circumstances, you’re vulnerable to “identity theft.” That’s what happens when you identify yourself by your circumstances – you lose sight of the person you were made to be. In order to embrace the spiritual truth that you are made for more, it is essential to define your identity not by your circumstances but by who you belong to.” I encourage each of you now to go back up to that list and insert your name and truly know WHO you are!
Each of us were made to crave God. We need to remember all the truths God has given us of who we really are . We were reminded that “we were made for MORE”. We are made for more because we are children of the GLORIOUS FATHER! It is time to stop identifying ourselves by our past and even our present. It’s time we identify ourselves on who our precious Father says we are. We were made for MORE so that we might know HIM more and that our hearts will be enlightened!