How do you wake up in the morning? Does it sound like this?
- I wish I could sleep a little longer.
- Oh no it’s Monday.
- I don’t want to go to work.
- I don’t like school.
- I dislike driving in that traffic.
- I wish it were Friday.
- This house is a mess.
- I need coffee NOW.
- I am so tired.
- I don’t have anything to wear.
Or does it sound like this?
- Thank You Lord for this new day.
- Thank You Lord for a good night’s rest.
- Thank You Lord for my job.
- Thank You Lord I am able to drive in traffic.
- Thank You Lord for a messy house with a roof over my head, and children to mess it up.
- Thank You Lord I can afford coffee.
- Thank You Lord for giving me a brain that can learn in school.
- Thank You Lord for that full closet of clothes.
- Thank You for TODAY, this moment.
- Thank You Lord for beautiful sunrises, a crisp Autumn day, sun shining on my face, a cool swim and all things you created.
I woke up this morning excited to get breakfast done, delve into my Bible studies with a cup of coffee with one of my favorite creamers – pumpkin spice, and prepare to go to school to work with special needs children. I look forward to what one little thing I get to teach them when I get to sub that class, actually I do in any class I walk in.
As I was preparing for bed last night after I had started this post, I thought to myself how blessed are we to have showers, to have comfortable beds, and awesome food to eat and we take every little thing even like water for granted, and we complain because we are tired. As we drove out-of-town to go to visit a family who had just lost their husband and dad my thoughts were how we take each other for granted and how things and seasons can change in an instant. As we drove and I saw places along the way that barely had a roof, I had to thank God for who He is and for all He has blessed me with.
How would you describe your mornings? I would love to hear your thoughts.
Participating in Kate Matoung’s 31-Day October Writing Challenge.