It’s Five-Minute Friday and I’m joining Kate Motaung and the FMF party to write for five minutes. Come join us!
But NOW – not tomorrow, not next week, not next year – NOW! I have summoned you. The NKJV says, “I have called you by your name”. Oh my goodness! I have been summoned by name by our awesome Creator. He knows me intimately and I am important to Him. Our awesome God, our Lord summons each one of us. Does that make you feel special? It does me. I watch our asst. principal at school. He knows every child by name and it is amazing to watch him in the hallways and at lunch calling out to each and every one of them personally by name – not “hey you”, not whatchamacallit but by name. That is how our God knows us – by name!
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you and the rivers will not sweep over you. Not if you pass through waters, but WHEN! Remember how he parted the waters when the Israelites crossed the Red Sea. He went before them and behind them as well as parting the Sea. We have the promise of Him before us, behind us and with us during all those troubled waters we go through in our lives.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. It says WHEN we walk, not if we walk through fires, but when! Do you remember the story in Daniel of Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego who were thrown in the fiery furnace? They were not afraid. God extinguished that fire and He will extinguish our fires.
So to sum it all up.
- God created me and He called Me by name.
- He redeemed ME and I am His.
- He knows everything about me.
- He knows what I am going through so I shall not be afraid of the fire or the water, the loss of a job, the chemo, or prejudice because He is with ME., formed ME, redeemed ME and calls ME by name.
- I am HIS and he knows exactly who I am. He knows my voice, he knows my trials, my insecurities, my fears.
He tells us 365 times in the Bible “do not fear”. Say what! 365 times for 365 days – “DO NOT FEAR”.