I love sitting and hearing the raindrops hit the skylights and windows. We have a wrap around porch so many of the windows are protected from the rain.
Rain means the watering days of the long, hot summer are over. Don’t get me wrong. I love, love sunny days. I love sunny days when I’m cleaning, and if it rains for a few days to me it is depressing, but give me one or two days and days at home and I can enjoy a nap, watch a good movie, bake, read a book I’ve been longing to read, blog or just sit out on the front porch and enjoy the rain coming down.
Today it’s raining. It has been for three days now, but it will be gone tomorrow. We have over 7 inches in our rain gauge and it’s still coming down.
Last night the rain was relaxing sitting here playing with one of our grandsons. Later when we went to bed I laid there and prayed and then listened to God’s lullaby sing me to sleep.
One of my favorite things to do on rainy days is to read my Bible, and catch up on my Bible study with a cup of hot coffee.
What do you like to do on a rainy day?
Here are a few things that I’ve done:
- Play some good old-fashion board games with the family.
- Watch a movie. We always have some recorded to view on a day like today.
- Go out to a movie and don’t forget to buy popcorn (our favorite part of the movies).
- Clean (I have a hard time cleaning on a rainy day)
- Sit by the window with a good book and a hot cup of coffee (what I’m doing now)
- Clean out your email
- Crossword puzzles and sodoko
You can find my other 31 days posts at the links below.
Day 1 – Autumn Cool, Crisp Mornings
Day 2 – Autumn Sunsets and Sunrises
Day 6 – Autumn – Candles
Day 8 – Autumn Candies
Day 9 – Autumn Decorating My Porch
Day 10 – Autumn Decorating The Kitchen
Day 11 – Autumn Means Pumpkin Bread
Day 13 – Autumn Songs
Day 22 – Autumn Brrrr It’s Cuddle Weather
Day 23 – Autumn Soups