Joining Five-Minute Friday today and the word prompt is FORGET.
Have you encouraged someone lately? Do people look at you and see Jesus? Sometimes, we as Christians, are so busy we don’t even take time to stop and look at others when we are out and about. We should be smiling and greeting wherever we go shining our lights because we have been with Him.
Don’t forget to encourage others today. Here are just a few things you can do.
- Talk to your cashier and say thank you when they are finished.
- Pause and peak to the cashier, to a teacher, to a police officer, to a military person – all who serve us. Tell them thank you. I stopped outside of Target a few weeks ago with my 2-year old grandson and talked to one and let my grandson see his car introducing him to authority.
- Treat a fellow worker to a cup of coffee, a candy bar, or the whole office with bagels/doughnuts.
- Get some mason jars or baby jars and pick some flowers or buy some and carry them to a nursing home.
- Write or type a letter to someone and put it in snail mail.
- Text or PM someone today and tell them you love them.
- Tell your family thank you when they do chores around the house.
- Take someone who is sick a meal.
- Send someone who is hurting a card.
- Share some plants you dig up while cleaning your flower beds. Don’t throw them out.
- Buy someone’s coffee or meal behind you in a drive-thru.
- Help an older person with their groceries.
- Put a grocery cart back in it’s place that someone else has discarded.
- Offer to watch someone’s children so they can go out. Many couples don’t have parents nearby and perhaps they aren’t in church yet. Be a light.
- Pick up the phone and really talk to someone rather than texting.
- Tell you pastor and his wife you appreciate them. Don’t forget to do the same with your Bible study teachers.
- Rake leaves for someone.
- Let someone in a hurry go ahead of you in the grocery line.
- Hold your hubby’s hand or better still lay your head in his lap watching television. He’ll love it. I KNOW.
- Sit aside a box today and start putting one item a day for thirty days and donate.