“Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.” Proverbs 19:21
I’ve set goals and failed so many times, but last year I actually posted goals for the year on my refrigerator. Believe it or not all of them were crossed off but two, and they are part of my March goals. So I believe if I write them down it will be a constant reminder, keeping me focused, and I will get much more accomplished this year.
I am going to work on monthly goals and maybe even some long-term goals for the year, but for now starting small with my March goals.
One thing I want to remember though is that no matter what my goals are that they need to reflect God and whatever His intentions are for me each day. If I don’t meet a goal it’s ok if it was directed at something He has intentionally assigned me today. I want to keep my focus on Him so that I am not disappointed when a goal is not met. I’ve fallen in that trap before. I have plans and life happens, and that is what is important.
MARCH FAITH GOALS
“Draw Near to God and He will draw near to you.” James 4:8
“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11
I am beginning my mornings with a five-minute daily devotion called the First Five App from Proverbs 31 Ministries. The study started on Monday, February 29 and is on the books of Leviticus and Hebrews.
I am finishing up a Bible study this week called Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst. It’s been a great one. I ‘ve learned how to make the Bible come alive and fallen more in love with Him, how to replace doubts and regrets and envy, learned to love who I am and all the things that God has given me, and more about prayer. Goals –
I am beginning a study in March on the names of God. I can’t wait. It is called I Know His Name by Wendy Blight.
MARCH FAMILY GOALS
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8 (NIV)
Goals to embrace those I love and always keeping them a priority. I want to exhalt Him in the mundane
- Snuggle on the sofa with my husband to watch a movie at least once a week, but more often when we can work it in.
- One fun day a month with my 2-year old grandson to actually leave the house and go enjoy Chick-Fil-A, McDonald’s, a park, a long walk in the neighborhood, or just outside enjoying his mow-mow as he calls it.
- Reading children’s books with both the grandsons.
- Playing blocks and puzzles in the floor with the grandsons.
- Dates with the family and hopefully a sister date with my sisters since one of them has a birthday this month.
- Finish up legal signing of our wills.
MARCH HEALTH GOALS
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. James 1:5 (NIV)
God has been speaking to me for over a year now about my health and my weight. I get on the band wagon and fall off constantly. Hopefully with these monthly goals I can begin a make over. We’ll see. Started this morning with a green chocolate shake, and the tuna is in the refrigerator cooling and egg boiling. If only I will ask, He will give me the wisdom to fight those temptations of food and diversions from not exercising.
- Cut back on sugar (Mini-goal)
- Cut back on diet drinks (Mini-goal)
- Exercise 3-4 days a week
- Wear pedometer – 6,000 steps a day
- Walk at least two Thursdays in the neighborhood with my one-year old grandson
- Weekly meal planning to include healthy meals and snacks
- Lose 2 pounds
MARCH FRIEND GOALS
We love because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19 (NIV)
I am embracing relationships with those I care about.
- Start a monthly coffee at my home this month. Did I say that? God has been speaking to me about this for several months. I am going to try to plan this during Spring break at school.
- Contact one friend by phone and one by email that I haven’t talked to in awhile.
MARCH HOME GOALS
She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness. Proverbs 31:37 (NIV)
I want to exhalt Him in the mundane tasks around my house. They are mundane but so important. Sometimes around here my home gets ignored because of my Bible study, watching the grandsons, subbing at school, and life when someone is sick, a death occurs, etc.. All of those come first so if you come visit my home might not be as clean or neat and tidy as yours, but my life is full of those things that really matter in the Kingdom – loving, giving and serving.
We have a huge yard – an acre and a half, lots of trees, and so many flower beds. It is hard keeping it all done, especially controlling weeds and mowing. I’m hoping to get ahead of it this month tackling a few things at a time.
- Clean one flower bed a week (big goal here depending on weather)
- Trim all the azaleas along the circular driveway
- Deep clean office
- Deep clean laundry room
- Contact quilting lady
- Have electrical wires covered by A/C unit
MARCH BLOG GOALS
Tell it to your children, and let your children tell it to their children, and their children to the next generation. Joel 1:3 (NIV)
My goal in blogging has always been to tell His story, and to leave words for future generations to know who I am and my love for Him. This is the first time I’ve had monthly blog goals, but I attended a girls getaway weekend to talk about blogging and goals. As we sit down on Saturday these are a few of the long-term goals that God placed on my heart as I sit there praying, and I hope to complete this month.
- Clean-Up side bar (Done)
- Add a mail follow to my blog.
- Start Blogging Course
This is a prayer I quickly wrote as I was sitting this weekend and pondering over my blogging goals for the year.
“Lord lead me at your pace. Slow me when I get in a hurry, and nudge me when I need to speed up.” Debbie Williams
What are your goals this month?
Linking today With Grit and Grace.