I laid in bed tonight and could not go to sleep thinking about all sorts of things like I wonder what the word for tomorrow will be on Five-Minute Friday. I should have been laying there quoting scripture.
Well I am up and the word is easy. I keep hoping I will come up with an easy way to sleep on those nights like this. For awhile I could lay there and pray and that worked. I found myself falling asleep praying. I tried that tonight praying for a dear friend I heard from today whose husband has cancer. Her name is Linda and his is Rick.
As I pondered on something to write about I thought why am I not quoting scripture at night when I want to sleep. I am trying that next time. In the meantime, I’ll share easy ways I memorize scripture:
- I say it over and over and over.
- I type up a pretty card and put it in my kitchen window over my sink so I am seeing it throughout the day.
- I usually print out three and I put another in my guest bathroom which is the one closest to our den and kitchen so I used it mostly. I also tuck one in my purse to carry with me to appointments or school.
The one below I print out from our Bible studies at Proverbs 31.Org. If you are doing a Bible study on-line, just print them out on photo paper.
- I write them on a ceramic tablet in my dining room.
- After memorizing keep them I keep them in a photo album or the small spiral note cards.
- I type out part of the verse leaving blanks. Sometimes I type a few words and add to it each day.
- Type it or write it over and over and over.
- Verse mapping. Here is a post I did on how I verse map.
- Say it out loud.
Here are a couple of things I have not used, but some of mine friends say they have:
- Use an app: https://scripturetyper.com
- Keep it posted on your dashboard.
- Use music with scripture songs for children.
- Make a recording and take it with you in the car.
DO YOU MEMORIZE SCRIPTURE? I would love for you to share in the comments how you do it.
NOW, it’s 12:15 and I think I’ll go to bed and quote some scripture and see how it goes.
Canva photo – Proverbs 7:3
Picmonkey photo – Hebrews 4:16
This post was featured on Counting My Blessings on 4/22/16.
Featured on Sew Crafty Angel on 4/26/16.
Featured on Wake Up Wednesday on 4/26/16