My husband and I saw the movie last year, The War Room. I came home wanting a prayer closet. Actually I have gone to my closet to pray, but it seems I spend a lot of time on my knees in front of my sofa or in my office.
I can be found praying many places and anytime. We should be in a prayer mode all day. Honestly, some days I am not.
Here are some places I like to pray. So how about you? Where do you pray? I would love to hear your thoughts so I can add them to this list.
- In the shower
- While shopping
- While driving or sitting in the car waiting
- In Bed – When God awakens me, when I can not sleep, or before I get up.
- On the treadmill
- While jogging
- Folding or ironing clothes. I pray over each pair of socks or underwear, or as I iron each shirt.
- At my kitchen table
- At work
- Washing dishes
- Drying my hair
- Walking or Driving – Try a prayer walk around your neighborhood or what I call a prayer drive around a larger area. Want to know how I do that. I wrote about it here.
- When someone upsets you on the highway pray for them
- In the checkout line pray for the one checking, sacking and those in line in front of you and behind you
- At the beauty shop for those styling and those getting styled
- Rocking my grand sons
- On the riding lawn mower
- On a plane or train for those around you or waiting on you and those who are driving/flying
- Movie theater, museums, zoo, ball games
- At a restaurant – pray for your waiter and those around you
- At church – pray for your pastor, choir, musicians, Bible study friends and those visiting
- School – pray for the students and staff and teachers – I often sit in my car in the parking lot lifting our schools in prayer. I also sit in my chair as a teacher silently praying for the students as they work.
- For the mail person as they drive by or walk by. Also the FedEx/UPS person as they drive by
- Ambulances – Pray as one passes you for the ones on the way to the hospital and the ones taking care of them
- Fireman – Pray for them as you see them going/coming from a fire
- Policeman – Pray each time you pass one
- While swimming or just floating in the pool
- Before meals
- At a hospital or nursing home
- Over my Christmas cards as I address them, and later for each one received, I pray for that family. You can read about how I do that here. It’s one of our favorite traditions.
- On the phone with a friend
- Sitting by my pool or on the patio
- On my knees
- At the beauty shop under a dryer
- Some men would say the commode. I have not done that.
- A park bench
- An airplane or bus
So how about you? Where do you pray? I would love to hear your thoughts so I can add them to this list.
Photo – Paid Canva Photo