Friday Prompt is place. I love writing on Fridays, but finding the time is hard. So many happy things going on every day, especially with five grand children we are so blessed live near by. Three of them are only 5 months old and the others are 3 and 2.
Honestly thinking about that word “place”, and being reminded I have so many happy places. Shouldn’t all of life be happy even in the midst of pain? Shouldn’t we be able to find something to thank our Savior for every single day? I’m so thankful every morning when I awaken to a new day.
My HAPPY PLACES!
- Sitting on my sofa in the Word each morning watching a sunrise, a gentle rain or whatever weather God sends us each day.
- Laying on that same sofa in the evening with my head in my hubby’s lap.
- Sitting outside on my front porch watching butterflies and birds, and many times with a grandchild in my lap or beside me thinking about my Mom and Dad because Mom loved butterflies. So many times God sends a pair of beautiful reminders of Mom and Dad.
- A meal with our family – the kids, the kids-in-love, and the grands. How special it is! Sitting across the table from my husband of 48 years next week and gazing across the table at him.
- Our swimming pool. Yes it is a lot of work for our husband, but this year we are seeing all the fruits of his labor watching our two toddler grandsons swim in it.
- My Bible studies at church and my on-line community with Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies. Let me tell you if you don’t have time to do a study come join us. You can do these studies 24/7. They have changed my life. The next one starts up in September 5. It’s Worthy by Chrystal Evans Hurst.
- Our new Sleep Number bed.
- Our home. I can’t think of a place I love better than being home. It truly is HOME SWEET HOME!
- Oh, that new Speed Queen Washer and Dryer. I had 38 year old Maytags and they still worked. Hope these serve me through life. I washed my first two loads this morning. Ah-mazing.
- Walking – This morning there was a nice breeze. It’s hot in Texas and I didn’t get out at sunrise, but oh my goodness look at these beautiful clouds.
- Rain – Rain is good anytime in the Texas summer heat, but it was not expected this morning. Got back from my walk and it’s coming a shower and watering my yard and plants before we leave on vacation. Now my daughter and son-in-law can come and stay and enjoy the pool and not have to deal with keeping all my hanging baskets and flower gardens alive. I was just outside putting out the hanging baskets and saying thank You Jesus I don’t have to do this today or tomorrow.
Sitting on our sofa visiting with friends, and that’s exactly what we did last night with our friends Dale and Carrie from Houston, and today they’ll be back for another visit. It’s been too long.
Shopping with my daughter or daughter-in-love.