This is Day 9 of write 31 days, and it’s getting harder for me to come up with things to write about, and I am behind already. I hope you are not getting bored, nor getting tired of these posts in your emails. I promise come November 1 there will only be one or two a week. Guess what I’ve gotten behind with so much going on in my life right now, but trying not to give up.
I’ve been walking a lot lately to get healthier and lose weight, but some mornings I include a prayer walk. We are in the country so the houses are spaced out.
I love leaving right before daylight because I get to see the moon and then the sun rising.
I throw on my old radio and head phones, listen to Christian music and worship. This morning I have a lot on my mind with some upcoming tests and even that “c” word, but I’m choosing to praise Him and pray for others today. God sent a beautiful sunrise this morning, and the worship music was just the words that I needed to hear this morning.
THIS: “Surely my God is the strength of my soul Your love defends me, Your love defends me And when I feel like I’m all alone Your love defends me, Your love defends me Surely my God is the strength of my soul Your love defends me, Your love defends me And when I feel like I’m all alone Your love defends me, Your love defends me. We sing Hallelujah You’re my portion My salvation Hallelujah You’re my portion My salvation.” Your Love Defends Me by Matt Maher
AND THIS: “Jesus Messiah, name above all names Blessed redeemer, Emmanuel The rescue for sinners, the ransom from Heaven Jesus Messiah, Lord of all All I hope is in You, all I hope is in You All the glory to You, God, the light of the world.” Jesus Messiah by Chris Tomlin
I love waving at neighbors leaving for work and taking their kids to school, and the busses driving by.
This morning I finally got a young boy (probably high school) to wave back. I’ve waved at him for several weeks now with no response, but this morning he smiled and waved back.
So what is a prayer walk?
I shared about prayer walks, praying God’s blessing over our homes, our neighborhoods, friends and schools in 2014 here. There is a whole lot of information there for doing all of them. I love walking around the perimeter of my home and praying.
During that prayer walk in 2014 I listened to Christian music and would pray some of what I was hearing in songs for my neighbors. Today I prayed for them based on what I saw at their houses.
- One house had their porch lights on and I prayed that they would shine the light of Jesus.
- Another house had a travel trailer and I prayed that they would love traveling with Jesus as much as they love traveling in that trailer.
- Several homes had gates.
- Several homes had circular drives and I prayed for a circle of love for them with Jesus in the center of their lives.
- Homes with flags I prayed that they would love God as they do our nation.
- One home had about 7 cars in front of it. I prayed for all those that live in there that each one of them would come to know Jesus.
- Leaves are starting to fall and at some homes I prayed they would fall in love with Jesus.
- Several busses passed. I waved and I asked God would touch each one of their lives.
- Flower pots on front porches and I prayed that God would bloom in each of their lives.
- Rocking chairs caused me to pray for them to sit in their rockers and see all of God’s beauty and be thankful.
- A large training farm for horses and I prayed that just as those horses get excited and come to the fence that their owners and the farm owners will get excited about our Lord.
- A couple of houses had large rocks in front of their homes and I prayed that they would know who the true rock is.
There were so many other things I prayed about but these are the ones I can remember. I think the next prayer walk I do I will pray through some of the words in music again.
Enjoy the rest of my 31 Days Series below: