This is my third year to use the Sue Hooley Homemaker’s Friend Daily Planner. I love it. It has been my absolute favorite planner. It has been easy to use and perfect for scheduling more efficiently.
Last year I was a little disappointed in the color. My favorite color is blue so the turquoise color this year is perfect.
Things I love about this planner:
- Yearly Planning – The first section is really cool. There is a place for yearly goals where I will write my word for 2018. I think it is “love”, but that’s subject to change if God speaks differently. Do you have a “one word” for the years. I have for the last three. You can read about my “one word” in 2013 (Intentional, and what it is about here.
- Weekly Planning – The weekly planning section has a mini calendar for 2018 and 2019 as well as dates to remember for each of those years, and a number of personalization pages to add journaling, prayer requests, and birthdays. Each week has a two-page spread and guess what a seven places to write your menu out each day. I would love to use this menu section more for healthier meals and snacks. It also has an area for tasks or to-do lists.
- Monthly Planning – This is my most used section with a monthly calendar with enough room on days where I can have a number of items happening that day because I do with keeping grandkids, subbing, conference calls, and doctor’s appointments. It is jammed packed. It’s also a two-page month view.
- Weekly Planning – This is probably my most second used section with tasks list for a week at a time. I can write in tasks I plan to do each week/day, and well if something happens that God sends my way I cross it off and move it to the next. Sometimes it slips and slips, but it’s a reminder and eventually gets done.
- Tasks List Section – This is a place to write the tasks down for planning before you assign them dates. It could be a to-do list you could cross off as you finish.
- Projects/Events Section – I haven’t used this one too much. It would be great for planning a party, a shower and maybe for me Christmas activities.
- Information Section – Phone Numbers and Addresses for short term.
- Shopping Section – Love this section. I keep a running list throughout the week of things I need and rip out the page with the neat perforated sections.
- Beautiful Bible verses, quotes, and sayings to encourage you each day.
You can read more about the planner here.
Enjoy the rest of my 31 Days Series below: